Effective Date: June 1st, 2021
California consumers, please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice below
Any individual who joins a team or organization that is suing the Athlete Intelligence System is to be notified of the data collection practices contained herein. Teams and Organizations are responsible for data collection agreement of Individual Participants who join or otherwise are members of an Organization or Team using the System defined as (the “Participant”). Any user of our system under this licensing agreement must be an authorized user and administered directly authorized by the Organization and responsible for participant approval and understanding of the privacy terms contained herein.
Data Required for Use of the System
By use of the System, we collect the organization information for the purposes of the subscription agreement, and your organization will collect basic team participant personal information necessary to identify the participant on the team and their associated data. Athlete Intelligence System will collect personal information from you, as the authorized professional user and team personnel as necessary to support the ongoing functions and features of the Athlete Intelligence equipment and System. This information may be collected by team or organization personnel authorized to access and use the System on your behalf.
What Data We Collect
By use of our System or Participation on a Team or Organization that uses our System, Information collected by your organization may include participants name, age, date of birth, height, weight, gender, neck size, helmet size and type, team position, photo, email, and phone number. We may also collect location data of the Organization, Team, User and Participant for the purposes of sending notifications and setting device clocks, time zones for reporting purposes.
How We Collect Data
We indirectly and directly collect information from you and about you and other users of our System in the following manner:
– Indirectly input by your organization, coach, trainer, or authorized team personnel using our System and Inputting your personal data or via collection through any third-party device connected to the Athlete Intelligence System such as heart rate monitors, GPS sensors and other third-party tracking devices.
– Directly from you and your device, if you provide it in any way or log onto the System
– Directly input and automatically collected when you use or are a participant to the Athlete Intelligence System
Organization User Information You Provide to Us
When you participate, subscribe, register, license, download, or otherwise use this System or Site, as an authorized user of your organization or team, you will need to provide the necessary information to register and use the System. This information may be personally identifiable to you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, organization name, job position, location, time zone or any other identifier by which you may be identified online or offline as well as the information described above that is necessary for use of the System and fulfilling the software licensing agreement.
This information includes:
- Information about you that has been collected by team personnel and that is necessary to use the System and fulfilment of the software licensing agreements and financial transactions.
- Information that you or authorized team personnel may provide by filling in forms on the System or Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the System or Site, ordering products or services, and requesting further products or services.
- Records and copies of emails, written correspondence and any responses to surveys or research we may conduct
How We Use Information
We use information that we collect about Organizations, Users and Participants or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Carry out the data collection, analytics and other System features, functions, and services.
- Location information is collected for the purpose of setting the device/equipment clock to the correct time zone and to carry out the reporting notifications of the System.
- Fulfill the purpose of any contractual obligation regarding the athlete Intelligence Data Analytics System.
- Notification of software updates and new features to enhance System performance
- We may use your Organizations or Team name or likeness, data and performance outcomes in marketing and sales related material, however no personal identifiable individual data would be share
- Athlete Intelligence retains the worldwide royalty free perpetual license to use, monetize or otherwise share data for its use, in anonymous manner, this could be to research universities or for other commercial endeavors
Marketing-Related Email Updates
We collect organizational level User information such as name and email addresses for the purpose of occasional email marketing and System updates. We do not collect individual participant email addresses for the purpose of marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails by unsubscribing at any time.
Disclosure of Your Information
Athlete Intelligence occasionally may share aggregated anonymous information about You, Organization or Team Participants and other Users of the System, and their performance, habits and pertinent analytic information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We will not share your personal information with third parties to directly market their products to you who are not part of our business operations or that are not within our supply chain of products and services.
We may disclose information about you to third party service providers or suppliers that are required to enhance our Software, System or Service offering. Such Third-party data sharing would be for the sole purpose and discretion of Athlete Intelligence. Data capture, analytics, video, GPS location, movement, ambient helmet temperature, and any other data collected will be collected, retained and may be shared by Athlete Intelligence to Third Party vendors. Your information may be stored and processed by our service providers or suppliers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or suppliers maintain facilities. We require our service providers and suppliers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers and suppliers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services or supplies on our behalf.
Other times we may use or disclose your information:
- To reply to and government or regulatory agency, or comply with any court order, law, or legal process.
- To enforce the rights contained within our software licensing agreement.
- To a buyer or other successor of Athlete Intelligence in the event of a sale, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of all or some of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our System or Site users is considered part of the assets to be transferred. Any third party to which we transfer or sell the rights to the System or Site will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
- If disclosure is necessary to protect our or our customers safety, rights, or property.
- We may, without restriction, disclose aggregated and anonymized information about You, The Organization, User, Participants of the System
The Athlete Intelligence System and Services are not intended for individual consumer use or for use by anyone under the age of 14 (“Children”). Organizations, Teams and authorized Users must obtain correct parental consent as required by their organization’s policies (including COPPA and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and must comply with the privacy laws of their jurisdiction before adding Users or Participants to the System and Services.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) require us, Users, Organizations, Teams and team personnel to inform parents and legal guardians about our data collection practices, use and how we disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 (“Children“). COPPA requires Organizations and Team personnel to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
Information We Collect from Children
We will collect the same personal information described for children as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfill the Purpose and for other uses of the System as described herein.
Organization and Team Collection and Maintaining of Information from Children
Team personnel and others who collect or maintain personal information from children through the Athlete Intelligence System are responsible for obtaining verifiable parental consent in accordance with the requirements of COPPA.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents that are Users of the Athlete Intelligence System or Services, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 can request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at Athlete Intelligence: 733 7th Ave, Suite 215, Kirkland, WA 98034
Opting- Out of Email Communications
You may opt-out of Athlete Intelligence marketing email at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within each email. However, even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes related to your software licensing agreement or subscription, as well as product updates or recalls.
Security of Personal Data
Athlete Intelligence takes the necessary precautions intended to help protect information that we process but no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your Personal Data is at your own risk, and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
You and your organization are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials for the Services. Athlete Intelligence will treat access to the Services through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
If we become aware of a breach that affects the security of your Personal Data, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Athlete Intelligence will provide any such notice that Athlete Intelligence must provide to you at your account’s email address. By using the Services, you agree to accept notice electronically.
All payments received via credit card are processed securely by Athlete Intelligence’s Payment Processors using measures that comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”).
Athlete Intelligence retains Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Data was provided to Athlete Intelligence by your Organization, Team or User to fulfil the contract obligations during the use of the Athlete Intelligence System, if longer to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce agreements and similar essential purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Updating Your Personal Information
If you find errors or omissions, you may request corrections to your personal information by contacting your sales representative directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Athlete Intelligence, Attn: Data Privacy, 733 7th Ave, Suite 215, Kirkland, WA 98034. We will make our best good faith efforts to resolve any requests to correct inaccurate information except where the requests are not reasonable in scope, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ATHLETE INTELLIGENCE AND ALL ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND SYSTEMS ARE HOUSED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, INFORMATION WE COLLECT (INCLUDING COOKIES) ARE PROCESSED AND STORED IN THE UNITED STATES, WHICH MAY NOT OFFER THE SAME LEVEL OF PRIVACY PROTECTION AS THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU RESIDE OR ARE A CITIZEN. BY USING THE SERVICES AND PROVIDING INFORMATION TO US, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER TO AND PROCESSING OF THE INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES
If you have questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us at:
733 7th Ave, Suite 215
Kirkland, WA 98034
The Future of Sports Data Analytics
In our information booklet you'll gain instant access to how you can improve technique, manage head-impacts, and reduce the risk of injury for your athletes.
What you will find in the Athlete Intelligence Info Booklet:
- Athlete Intelligence Mission.
- Head Impact Monitoring as the future of athlete Safety and Performance.
- Athlete Intelligence Web Platform and Product Features.
- Overview of the Athlete Intelligence Automated Reporting System.
- How to Make Data Driven Decisions to improve athlete performance and safety.